Curriculum Enrichment Grants & Allocations
Each year, the AHJS PTO raises funds through events and donations. A large percentage of these fundraising efforts are given back to the school, the teachers, and the staff in the form of Curriculum Enrichment Grants and Allocations. These grants are an important part of maintaining the junior school's standards of excellence in education.
For the 2017-2018 school year, the AHJS PTO Curriculum Enrichment Grants totaled $92,109 and funded numerous AHJS needs, including the following:
- A new sound system, projector, and theater screen for the AHJS auditorium
- New athletic uniforms for football, volleyball and basketball student-athletes
- Launch of the school newspaper - "The Quarterly Mule"
- New band uniforms
- A book club library for all English and Reading classrooms
- Class sets of new literature for Spanish language students
- Teacher registration fees for numerous conferences, including TCEA, International Literacy Association, and National Latino Children's Literature conferences
A huge thank you to our donors and our volunteers for making these gifts to the school possible! For a complete listing of 2017-18 PTO funds raised and grants funded, please click here.
Interested in a previous year? Check out the grants funded in 2016-17.
Welcome to the AHJS PTO Website!
To get started, all AHJS families will need to register an account on this site. For more information, click here.
Click here to learn how you can support the AHJS Springfest.