Curriculum Enrichment Grants & Allocations
Each year, the AHJS PTO raises funds through events and donations. A large percentage of these fundraising efforts are given back to the school, the teachers, and the staff in the form of Curriculum Enrichment Grants and Allocations. These grants are an important part of maintaining the junior school's standards of excellence in education.
For the 2021-22 school year, the AHJS PTO Curriculum Enrichment Grants totaled $x0,000 and funded numerous AHJS needs, including the following:
- Teacher registration fees for numerous conferences, including TCEA, Get Your Teach On Conference, American School Counselor Association National Conference, SXSW Teacher Conference
- Materials for STEM project upgrades
- “Maker’s Space” Program Update
- Visiting Author to Grow Student Empathy
- Percussion Instruments and a new piano for AHJS Choir
- On-Demand Visual Learning / Reference Posters for Spanish Class
- Dress Forms, sets, props & costumes for Technical Theatre and Theatre Production scripts and royalties
- Wet mount slides to view liquid sample containing unicellular organisms in Science, new prepared slides of bacteria cells, protist cells, plant cells and animal cells.
- Virtual Labs in Science - Gizmos subscription
- ELAR Professional Development
- Math GPS
- How to learn math for teachers course study
- Soccer Uniforms for Boys & Girls soccer
- Destination Imagination support
- Infinity magnetic glass dry-erase boards for Dyslexia / math intervention students
- Library Circulation Desk
A huge thank you to our donors and our volunteers for making these gifts to the school possible!