ALAMO HEIGHTS JUNIOR SCHOOL PTO LIBRARY COMMITTEE
An AHJS PTO Committee created to promote literacy, advocate for library programs, services and facilities and provide volunteer support for literary activities which help foster academic success and enrichment opportunities for all AHJS Students.
- Promote the importance of literacy (reading and information literacy and accessible literary services) within the AHJS Community to foster the academic success and enrichment of all AHJS Students.
- Serve as a liaison between the AHJS Library and the AHJS Parent Community on school-wide literacy and AHJS Library issues.
- Advocate to AHJS PTO for funding of needed AHJS Library programs, services and facilities.
- Provide in-kind AHJS Parent volunteer support for programs and services identified by the AHJS Junior School Librarian.
Year-round Volunteer Activities:
- AHJS Visiting Author Program
- Fall Book Fair
- Spring Book Fair
- School Library Month Celebration (April)
- Quarterly Library Committee Meetings